Thursday, October 24, 2013

Are you my daddy?

I was just like any teenager that embarrassed easily. There was this one time when my parents took me to a video store (for those of you "youngin's" a video store is where people go and rent movies and at that time it was VHS and Laser discs). My dad was being the big joker he is and kept asking me if I "know that person" each time we passed people. He would laugh and nudge me and I would turn 50 shades of red.

When we got into the video store I broke away and started looking down a row of videos. From the corner of my eye I could see him looking at some videos just a few feet from me so I decided this was a great opportunity to really let him have it. So I inched closer to him, sidestepping and once I got close enough I kicked the back of his leg. "Oh my God!" he said and I looked up to see that it was NOT my dad. My eyes grew large and so did my embarrassment. My dad came around the corner and asked what happened. I apologized and apologized to the man, but for every step I moved closer he took a step back. My dad was doing whatever he could to keep from laughing... until we left of course.

I wish this was the only time that I had kicked someone playfully thinking it was someone I knew, but it's not.

Such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment