Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Simply Truly my first blog

Hi.

Starting a blog seemed like a great idea when my friend suggested it. She showed me a bunch of different blogs and it was inspiring. Now that I have something started, I feel like I'm standing in front of a crowd naked and overexposed. I suppose that is because I know I over share in conversations anyway, so writing a blog seems excessive. But here I go...

I am a mom, a wife, and a coordinator for a nonprofit. I am also a portrait photographer when I have the spare time and I am wrapping up my BA in Communications. These two sentences are how I introduce myself to get that first impression nailed down and I feel proud to say that I am working at all of those things. It's simple and it's true. It's relatable in the sense that there are other mom's out there and wives and working women and hobbyists and students. How I got to put these two sentences together are their own stories.

I am 32 years old and I feel like for the first time in my life I am truly happy. I can stretch my arms out and deal with the crap that I deal with and embrace the happy as it comes my way. My perspective is the most important one and I try not to take it too personal when someone disagrees with it. This time in my life was a long time coming and I know there were people (including myself) who thought this might not ever happen. Of course, that's life. It could go either way: terrible or great. And there are days when terrible does teeter in over taking the great, but I handle it so much better now. I keep it simple and I keep it true. It helps me breath and I sleep better at night.

So really, if you're getting to know me, that's all you need to know. All the details will unfold. I'll post some of my past as I am still dealing with stuff like any inner teenage self and I'll post randoms about what's happening now. Thanks for reading... I hope in some way it becomes relatable to you and your life so that my words aren't wasted. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment