Sunday, July 28, 2013

Float like a butterfly, get stung by a bee...

I'm 32 years old and I was just stung by a bee for the first time in my life. This is life changing.

There I was basking in the afternoon sun. I had my arm resting on my forehead watching Josh play with our puppy and I went to switch arms when I felt a little wiggle under my inner arm (armpit) and immediately lifted my arm watching the angry insect buzz away. And then the burning came. I jumped up and ran into my bathroom where my husband was shaving and hysterically announced that I think I had been stung by a bee.

Sure enough, the little pisser got me.

My son, who had just returned from a what he thought was a traumatic tubing ride, scared because he thought it was going too fast (and it wasn't), came in to the bathroom. Already adrenaline pumped from the day, he had the look of concern/fear on his face. I smiled warmly, through clenched teeth, because I just finished telling him to basically stop being a wimp and I was trying to prove to him that there wasn't anything to be afraid of, especially a little bee.

Interestingly enough before all of my stupid drama I was thinking how amazing it was that I had gotten away with never being stung before. Jinxed for life.

I'm pretty annoyed with the whole situation.

My husband just looked over my shoulder and began making corrections to my blog. I could punch him in the balls right now.

I invite you to show your deepest sympathy below. I hope your weekend ends better than mine... and probably my husbands.


1 comment:

  1. OMG I just went into hysterics because found 2 bee nests under our grill. My husband thinks I'm a little whiny baby every time I see a bee, because I am deathly afraid. I hope your sting feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete